Kohal 2011 performance
First of all let me introduce the four new members this year: Tolpadi in guitars, Rumki in vocals (You can call her Room Key also, in case you forget her name!! :)), Pinky in western vocals and Shankar in lead guitar and vocals.
This year is our 5th year in Bangalore and we’d like to recycle some of our old songs from previous years. These are the songs that we think will come out well – we did each of these songs today:
- Janeman Janeman – This one was our favorite long long time back. We did it last time in 96 in college and I don’t know why we never tried this in Bangalore. So we’d be trying this after 15 years!! Rumki & Anandaroop (Salil)
- Hawa Ke Sath Sath – Rumki & someone in male vocals. I’ll get one person next time and he should be able to take up some songs. We’re doing this for the first time and it’s coming quite well (RD)
- Kali Palak Piya Gori – Roopa & Anup, wonderful selection by Anup da. (RD)
- Sham Hai – Rumki & Ranjita, from Don, we did in 2007. (Shankar Ehsan Loy)
- Yeh Mera Dil – Ranjita (Kalyanji Anandji)
- It’s Rocking – Rumki & Ranjita, again a repeat from 2007 (Pritam)
- Sajna Ve – Rumki, repeat from 2007 (Sandesh Sandilya)
- Kaisi Pehli – Rumki, repeat from 2007 (Shantanu Moitra)
- Chor Bazari – new one, Anandaroop & Rumki (Pritam)
- Aap Jaisa Koi – Ranjita, a new one this time (Biddu)
- Lag Ja Gale – Roopa, new one this time (Madan Mohan)
- Suno Sajna – Roopa, (Lakshmikant Pyarelal)
- Kahin Door Jab Din Dhal Jayein – Andaroop, our favorite from college days, but we never tried in Bangalore (Salil)
- Hoyto Tomari Jonyo, Bengali, Anandaroop
- Tomar Patho Pane Chahi or some other Bengali, Anandaroop
- Sach Mere Yaar Hain – Instrumental (RD)
- Sanorita – Rumki & Ranjita will try this one.
- As usual we’ll have an invocation base on a Tagore’s composition. This year is Tagore’s 150th birth anniversary. We’ll insert some instrumental in between based on Tagore songs.
- We’ll also have a regional pick, either Tamil or Kannada.
The first one was on the 25th anniversary of Tapas Dutta
The next two were on 2nd and 3rd October, on Shashthi and Saptami during Durga Puja @ Purva Fountainsquare and Sarathi, Koramangala.
The last one was on 4th November at Taj Vivanta at a seminar organized by the Internet Society of India
We did almost the similar songs at all places, except at Taj Vivanta, where Pinky did two English numbers. Shankar joined us for the last show at the Vivanta.